2017 Veteran Benefits Scholarship
- The annual scholarship award is for three (3) students enrolled in an associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree or graduate level program at an accredited 2-year college or 4-year university during the 2017-2018 academic year.
- The following are ineligible to apply:
- Employees of VeteranAid.org, SeniorAdvisor.com, A Place for Mom, Inc., or A Place for Mom Canada, Inc.
- An immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) of an employee of VeteranAid.org, SeniorAdvisor.com, A Place for Mom, Inc., or A Place for Mom Canada, Inc.
- A person living in the same household, whether or not related, of an employee of VeteranAid.org, SeniorAdvisor.com, A Place for Mom, Inc., or A Place for Mom Canada, Inc.
- 150 word maximum introductory bio about yourself – you may choose to include your work or educational background, why you’re seeking a degree in your field, and why this scholarship interested you.
- 500-750 word essay response to the question: Give an example of one veterans benefit and explain how it helps senior veterans. Then propose your own benefit to help senior veterans.
- Signed and dated Scholarship Award Agreement.
- Email email@example.com to submit your essay, introductory bio, and signed Scholarship Award Agreement.
The Aid and Attendance (A&A) Pension provides benefits for veterans and surviving spouses who require the regular attendance of another person to assist in eating, bathing, dressing and undressing or taking care of the needs of nature. It also includes individuals who are blind or a patient in a nursing home because of mental or physical incapacity. Assisted care in an assisting living facility also qualifies.
The application and submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.
Online Application Available