2019 Dr. Edward Jacobson Healthy Living Scholarship
- The Dr. Edward Jacobson Healthy Living Scholarship will be offered to students currently pursuing a program of study at an accredited community college, junior college, undergraduate or graduate institution in the United States.
- Applications will also be accepted from high school graduates and holders of GEDs who are preparing to embark on college-level studies in the immediate future.
- They also must show excellent academic standing with at least a 3.0 GPA.
- A particularly strong candidate for the scholarship will provide a clear articulation of the ways in which they embody the principles of healthy living and will explain their ideas for expanding wellness initiatives in the surrounding community.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are asked to submit a completed scholarship inquiry cover page, together with:
- An up-to-date resume that includes current contact information as well as a statement of student status/educational program level
- Original personal statement of no less than 750 words in length which describes the applicant’s approach to healthy living and interest in fostering community wellness programming or awareness (12-point, Times New Roman font preferred for formatting purposes)
- Updated educational transcript (unofficial documents acceptable if official versions cannot be obtained); first-year students are permitted to substitute unofficial transcripts from most recent school attended, along with unofficial documentation from current institution
Further submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.
Online Application Available