A Place for Mom’s Senior Wisdom Video Scholarship
- Must be enrolled in a certificate, associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree, or graduate level program in a medical, nursing, or social sciences major. The student must be planning on pursuing a career that involves working with senior citizens. The applicant must be attending classes at an accredited college or university at the time of application.
- Must be a citizen or a Permanent Resident of the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec).
- Must be at least 18 years or older.
All applications must be submitted by December 31, 2018.
How to Apply
- Create a video (between 2 and 3 minutes) that captures the theme of “The Value of Seniors in Our Lives and Benefits to Society.”
- The video should share a story or host an interview with a senior who has inspired you. As part of the video presentation, share how a senior or a group of seniors has inspired you and how these types of connections or relationships provide a long-term benefit for our society. Outlined below are some questions you can consider as part of your video submission:
- How has your relationship with this senior changed your outlook on life?
- What have you learned from this senior that will enable you to be a better caregiver in the future?
- What lessons can we as a society learn about the value of having strong relationships with seniors?
- Complete the online application.
The application and submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.
Online Application Available