AED Superstore College Scholarship
- To be eligible, you must be a legal resident of the U.S.
- You must be either a college-bound high school senior or a student currently enrolled in an accredited university.
All applications must be submitted by May 31, 2018.
How to Apply
- Submit either a 500-word or less essay, or 3-minute video about one of the following topics related to Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA):
- SCA can happen to anyone, at any time, regardless of age, race, or gender.
- SCA affects roughly 16 people under the age of 18 every day.
- Only 1 out of 10 people who have SCA outside of a hospital survive.
- The survival rate for SCA victims decays by 10% for every minute without proper defibrillation; after 10 minutes, survival is negligible.
- AEDs have voice prompts and will talk the rescuer through every step.
- Under Good Samaritan Laws, voluntary rescuers are legally protected when aiding those in sudden cardiac arrest distress.
- Address each of the following points:
- Tell us which fact you’re choosing, starting with “I didn’t know that…” or “I wish more people knew…”
- Recount your reaction to learning the fact.
- Give us an example of how you might spread awareness at your school or in your community (and please be more creative than making posters).
The application and submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.
Online Application Available
About AED Superstore
The AED Superstore offers the best service, support, and largest selection of AED models for sale available anywhere! We're owned and operated by EMS professionals who continue to use automated external defibrillators in the field. You can count on us to help you make the right decision for your AED program!