To be eligible for this award, you must:
- Be a member of BECU and primary account holder at the time of the application submission*. (The account must be separate from a parent or guardian’s account).
- Be a graduating high school senior or undergraduate student currently enrolled in a two-year, four-year or technical college or university (students of graduate programs are not eligible).
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater.
As a not-for-profit credit union, BECU is committed to social responsibility. As a result, scholarships are awarded based on the student’s commitment to community service as well as leadership and academic potential.
- Applicants are required to submit their hours of community service
- Grade point average
- Current transcript.
- Applicants must also respond to short-answer and essay questions related to their commitment to higher education and community service.
- Selection is made without regard to applicant’s race, color, national origin, religious belief, sex, marital status, age, or physical handicap.
Note: Previous BECU Foundation scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply. The BECU Foundation Board of Directors, the BECU Board of Directors, the BECU Supervisory Committee, the BECU Executive Management Team, the BECU Scholarship Selection Team or any family members of the above mentioned groups are not eligible to apply.
Further submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.
Online Application Available