BLC Bankruptcy Law Center Scholarship Contest
- The scholarship is open to any current 2 year or 4 year colleges student or law students
All applications must be submitted by July 31, 2018.
How to Apply
- Write an essay (at least 750 words) about the following topic:
- THE ISSUE: Student loans have become a serious burden for American families. In 2012, for the first time in history, outstanding student loan debt eclipsed both auto loans and credit card debt. Student loans debt has more than quadrupled in the last Golden-Grad-Student-Loan-Burden decade alone and default rates. More troubling, default rates for student loans are more than three times higher than those for credit cards, and that does not take into consideration the large group of outstanding student loan debtors whose loans are “current” but not being paid due to forbearance, deferment, or other temporary suspension.
- THE TOPIC: Discuss solutions to the student loan crisis. Specifically, do you believe amending the bankruptcy code to allow for discharge of student loans would alleviate the problem? If not, what alternative solutions do you recommend?
- Complete the online application.
The application and submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.
Online Application Available