All applicants for the Building the Future Scholarship must meet all of the following eligibility requirements to apply:
- Must be a low income student or student from an underrepresented minority group—LGBT, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian, or Filipino/Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander
- Must be pursuing a career as a preschool-5th grade teacher (any discipline).
- Must be enrolled at an accredited 2-year, 4-year, or technical/vocational college or university in the United States.
- Open to college undergraduates
- Must be pursuing an Education-related degree such as:
- Child Development, Early/Elementary/Middle Childhood Education, Special Education, Bachelor’s in Education. (Students who are minoring in Education are also eligible to apply.)
- Must be a United States citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Open to students from all states.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- If selected, you must provide an official transcript for GPA and enrollment verification.
How to Apply:
To apply, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements, and then simply complete the online scholarship application and submit a short essay by the application deadline. Scholarship winners will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool.
Essay (500-1,000 words)
How have difficult circumstances or unique challenges shaped you? What role has this played in your inspiration to become a teacher? Where do you see your teaching career in 10 years, and what would winning this scholarship mean for your future career?
Further submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.
Online Application Available