Finlandia Foundation National Trust Scholarship
- Projects that relate to past, present, or future of Finnish and Finnish-American culture and are characterized by MANY of the following:
- receives favorable attention and has a high profile and visibility
- will be experienced by many people
- appeals to all Americans, no only ethnic Finns
- involves worthy activity for children and young adults to assure an interest in Finnish and Finnish-American culture by future generations
- has multiplier or leverage qualities
- can be replicated or become a permanent addition to the cultural life of a community
- is well planned an implemented by individuals or groups
- involves services of volunteers
- has a detailed budget, income and expenses
- adds to the body of research about Finnish and Finnish-American culture
- if applicable, includes a marketing plan for a project that involves sales of items or event tickets
- $5,000 is the maximum you may request.
- Grant recipients agree to deliver a progress report at six months and a final report within one year of the grant being awarded.
- Unused funds must be returned.
- Grants must be supported by a chapter of FFN. Click here for the list of chapters.
All applications must be submitted by January 17, 2019.
How to Apply
- Complete the application found online.
The application and submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.