Grinnell College Young Innovator for Social Justice Prize
- Nominee(s) must be nominated by a third party.
- Nominee(s) must consent to their nomination. This consent must be given in the form of a letter (if you are nominating two individuals for collaborative work this letter should come from the two jointly) that will be uploaded to the nomination form and must include:
- A statement indicating the nominee(s) willingness to be nominated for this prize;
- A statement indicating confirmation that the nominee(s) will have completed an undergraduate degree between the years of 2003-2019;
- A brief (2-3 paragraph) description of the nominee(s) social justice work – in their own words. Please have the nominee describe the need they are addressing, how they designed creative and socially just solutions to address that need, and how they were able to make a tangible impact.
- Nominee(s) must have earned a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) between 2003 and 2019.
- Nominee(s) should be a force for social justice. They should have identified a concrete social justice need, designed creative and socially just solutions to address that need, and made a substantive impact through their hard work and dedication.
- Nominee(s) should have demonstrated the essence of Grinnell College’s broad liberal arts education through serving the common good and demonstrating expertise in the areas of critical thinking, innovative problem solving, and measurable systemic change making.
- Nominee(s) must not be widely known outside their immediate community or field.
- Nominees may be nationals of any country.
- Nominees do not need to be affiliated with Grinnell College.
- Nominee(s) must have sufficient English fluency to engage with the Grinnell College Community.
- Nominee(s) must be able to provide in English any supplemental information required as part of the selection process.
- The Grinnell College Innovator for Social Justice Prize (the Grinnell Prize) honors individuals who have demonstrated leadership in their fields and who show creativity, commitment, and extraordinary accomplishment in effecting positive social change. Each prize carries an award of $100,000, half to the winning individual(s) and half to their organization.
Online Application Available