- Applicant must be planning to enroll or currently enrolled in an accredited United States college or University during the 2018-2019 academic year.
- All incoming and existing undergraduate, graduate, and law students (1L, 2L, 3L) are eligible to participate.
All applications must be submitted by 9:00am EST on October 15, 2018. Winner will be announced by November 15, 2018.
- To participate in the contest, applicants should write a 600-word essay answering the following question:
- What is ‘distracted driving’? What are the consequences of distracted driving, and what are some solutions to decrease the amount of accidents caused by distracted driving in the future?
- Explain what distracted driving is. (E.g. Is it limited to texting or talking on the phone, or is it more than that?)
- Describe how you have personally experienced distracted driving. (Do you text or talk on a cell phone while driving or do your friends and family members? What do you do if you are with someone who is driving while distracted?)
- What suggestions would you make to encourage others to avoid distracted driving?
The application and submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.
Online Application Available