Japan-IMF Scholarship Program for Advanced Studies
- Must be a Japanese citizen.
- Able to obtain a Ph.D.by age 34.
- Studying at, or applying to, a Ph.D. program in macroeconomics at a university outside of Japan. Only universities with a strong doctoral program in macroeconomics are eligible.
- Entering the 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of the Ph.D. program.
All applications must be submitted by January 31, 2019.
How to Apply
- The application is available online, must be completed in English, and include the following:
- A personal statement focusing on the applicant’s background, career goals, and interest in working as an IMF economist;
- A complete university transcript for the applicant’s prior studies and, if already a graduate student, a current university transcript;
- GRE and TOEFL or IELTS scores;
- A copy of one application to a Ph.D. program; and
- Two reference letters
The application and submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.