KC Scholars Adult Learners Scholarship
You must meet all of the following requirements to apply:
- Be age 24 or older at the time of college enrollment in the fall after being awarded a scholarship;
- Reside in one of the following six counties: Cass, Clay, Jackson and Platte (MO) or Johnson and Wyandotte (KS);
- Earned at least 12 college credits previously at an accredited, Title IV postsecondary institution;
- Not been enrolled in a postsecondary institution during the 2016-2017 academic year;
- Be a:
- United States citizen or National of the United States
- A lawful U.S. permanent resident
- An individual authorized to live and work in the U.S. (this includes DACA students)
- An individual that has filed an application to begin the process towards
U.S. permanent residency; and
- Be considered low- or modest-income. Your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) calculation on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) forecaster must be $12,000 or less. The calculation is based on household income, number of members in the family and number of family members that will be in college at the same time. It is the amount of annual financial support a family can be expected to pay toward the student’s college education.
check expired October 2018
WHAT IS THE APPLICATION PROCESS?
- You will need to create an account on this website during the application cycle.
- You will complete the application on-line, including:
- Answering two essay questions;
- Providing official or unofficial transcripts from all colleges or universities you attended and from which you earned college credits; and
- Providing names and emails of two individuals who will write a recommendation for you.
Amount: up to $25,000
Online Application Available