KC Scholars College Savings Match Scholarship
You must meet all of the following requirements to apply:
- Be a current 9th grader during the application cycle;
- Reside in one of the following six counties: Cass, Clay, Jackson, and Platte (MO) or Johnson and Wyandotte (KS);
- Attend a public, charter, or private high school or be home-schooled in one of the six eligible counties listed above.
- Be a:
- United States citizen or National of the United States
- A lawful U.S. permanent resident
- An individual that has filed an application to begin the process towards U.S. permanent residency
- Have at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average (GPA) in 7th and 8th grade
- Be considered low- or modest- income. Your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) calculation on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) forecaster must be $12,000 or less. The calculation is based on household income, number of members in the family and number of family members that will be in college at the same time. It is the amount of annual financial support a family can be expected to pay toward the student’s college education.
check expired October 2018
This college savings match program is available to 9th graders and is a one-time award. Each year, up to 1,000 students selected through the application process will receive $50 in a 529 College Savings Plan. Out of those 1,000 9th graders, 50 will be selected to be in the four-to-one match and incentives program in which a student can earn up to $7,000 paid toward college.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUBMIT WITH YOUR APPLICATION?
- Essay answering two prompts provided by the program
- Copy of your middle school transcript to include all semesters during 7th and 8th grade
- One recommendation
Online Application Available