KC Scholarship Traditional Scholarship – 11th Graders
- You must meet all of the following requirements to apply:
- Be a current eleventh grader during the application cycle;
- Reside in one of the following six counties: Cass, Clay, Jackson and Platte (MO) or Johnson and Wyandotte (KS);
- Attend a public, charter, or private high school or be home-schooled in one of the six counties listed above;
- Be a:
- United States citizen or National of the United States
- A lawful U.S. permanent resident
- An individual authorized to live and work in the U.S. (this includes DACA
- An individual that has filed an application to begin the process towards U.S.
- Have at least a 2.5 cumulative high school GPA (five semesters from 9th grade to the fall semester of 11th grade) or at least a 16 on the ACT or at least an 800 on the SAT); and
- Be considered low- or modest-income. Your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) calculation on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) forecaster must be $12,000 or less. The calculation is based on household income, number of members in the family and number of family members that will be in college at the same time. It is the amount of annual financial support a family can be expected to pay toward the student’s college education.
check expired October 2018
WHAT IS THE APPLICATION PROCESS?
- You will need to create an account on this website, once the application cycle re-opens.
- You will complete the application on-line, including:
- Answering two essay questions;
- Providing a copy of your current high school transcript from ninth grade until the present;
- Providing verification of ACT/SAT scores if you have taken the test(s); and
- Providing names and emails of two individuals who will write a recommendation for you.
Online Application Available