North American Spine Scholarship
- Open to any currently enrolled student who wishes to pursue a career in medicine.
All applications must be submitted by December 1, 2018.
How to Apply
- Submit a personal statement of your course of study and intended career (max length 750 words)
- Submit name of school, area of study, and intended graduation date
- Submit an essay (max 2,000 words) or a video (max 2 minutes) on the following topic:
- The essay or video submitted must address disc-related spine pain and non-pharmaceutical treatment to a non-professional audience of spine pain sufferers. Use clear, concise language to inform your potential patient’s decision. Sample ideas include:
- The causes and progression of a disc-related disease or condition. For example: a bulging disc.
- How to recognize a disc-related condition and what to do about it
- Common co-morbidities of disc-related conditions
- Risks and rewards of surgical spine intervention
The application and submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.