Phi Beta Kappa Scholarship
- Have senior class standing for the upcoming/next academic year.
- Have certified a major in the College of Arts and Sciences, the Murrow College of Communication, the School of Economic Sciences, the Department of Human Development, the Program in Neuroscience, or the School of Molecular Biosciences.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.6 or higher through the fall semester preceding the spring application.
All applications must be submitted by April 1, 2020.
How to Apply
- Complete the Phi Beta Kappa Scholarship Application form (found online)
- Submit a Personal Statement (no longer than 2 pages) about you and your education:
- Phi Beta Kappa stands for freedom of inquiry and expression, disciplinary rigor, breadth of intellectual perspective, the cultivation of skills of deliberation and ethical reflection, the pursuit of wisdom, and the application of the fruits of scholarship and research in practical life. What is the value of a liberal education that fosters these ideals?
- In what way(s) is your education preparing you for a career?
- How have you financed your education to this point?
- Submit 3 Recommendation Letters
- Submit a transcript from the WSU Office of the Registrar.
The application and submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.
Online Application Available