Ron Brown Scholar Program
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Black/African American.
- Current high school seniors at the time of their application. Current college students are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants should demonstrate academic achievement, exhibit leadership ability, participate in community service activities and have a demonstrated financial need.
All applications must be postmarked by January 9, 2018.
- Application materials must be mailed in one packet. Incomplete, emailed, or faxed applications will not be considered.
- Completed application (found online).
- 2 essays – each no longer than 500 words
- Choose the one activity you listed as most important in question #1 and tell us why it is significant.
- Submit one essay that you plan to send or have sent as part of a college application. This may be on any topic. If your college application did not require an essay, please submit an essay on the topic of your choice.
- 2 letters of recommendation – at least one should be from a teacher or other school professional.
- An official transcript with most current semester course load and school profile.
The application and submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.
Paper Application Available