Stevens & McMillan $1,500 Scholarship
- Must be in good academic standing if currently enrolled in college or high school; if you are under the age of 18, you must allow your parent or legal guardian to read all of the rules listed on this page and obtain their permission to participate.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college in the United States or planning to attend college no later than Fall of 2018.
All applications must be submitted by November 15, 2018.
How to Apply
- Write an essay (1,000 minimum) on the following topic:
- Choose any law or connected group of laws regarding at least one of the following topics:
- Wrongful termination
- Leave of absence violations
- Describe how these laws have helped employees in the workplace. You may use examples from your own family or friends, or you can compare and contrast modern employees to employees before these laws were enacted, or you can compare and contrast employees in the United States to employees in other countries, or you can use recent events in the news to illustrate your points. California students may use the comparable laws found under California’s FEHA. Candidates are expected to cite to relevant statutes and cases.
The application and submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.