- Domestic and international students are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be enrolled or have an enrollment date as a full-time student.
- There is no minimum GPA required to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must be enrolled at an accredited college or university.
All applications must be submitted by September 1, 2020.
How to Apply
- Write an essay (800 to 1500 words) on one of the following topics:
- Self-storage allows you to organize and free up living space. How can college students utilize a storage unit to increase productivity and decrease stress?
- Clearing clutter from your living space can help your mind and body and give you room for things or activities that give you happiness. If you could free up 100 square feet of living space by removing clutter, how would you use it?
- Many people collect cars but don’t have space to properly store them. Describe why it is important to store collectible cars in a climate controlled environment?
- If you were hired by a brand new self-storage facility that has 100 storage units, describe how you would market and fill those units with tenants on a budget.
- Please provide proof of your enrollment at an accredited college or university. A transcript, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will be accepted.
- Essays will be judged based on quality, originality, creativity, writing style, grammar and spelling.
- The funds provided by StorageArea.com to the winning applicant are to be applied to qualified college expenses for the current academic year. Qualified college expenses include: tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board.
- Scholarship is available annually and is non-renewable.
- Complete online application.
The application and submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.
Online Application Available