- Eligibility requirements vary depending on the school student is attending. Please see here for more details
All applications must be submitted by June 1, 2019.
How to Apply
- Entry forms and films must be submitted digitally using the designated submission platform. Filmmakers should contact the Academy office if any issues prevent digital submission.
- Entry films must be viewable on the official designated SAA submission platform. Submission links that take the viewer to a third party site to view the entry are not allowed.
- Entry forms must list the name(s) of the film’s director or pair of directors most responsible for the creative production of the submission. Submitting more than two names will cause your entry to be disqualified.
- Entry forms must include an acknowledgement that Student has read and agrees to the Student Academy Awards rules. A faculty adviser from the Student’s school is required for all submissions, and the form must include the adviser’s correct name and contact information.
- Entries must be submitted to one (and only one) of the SAA Submission Categories. Failure to apply in the correct category could result in disqualification.
- Entries that advance to the semifinal round of judging must be provided in an approved format as defined by the “Student Academy Awards Approved Formats.” Filmmakers will have at least one week to provide the copy to the Academy.
- Upon request submitted with the entry form, any hard media provided (with the exception of DVD) will be returned to the entrant within 30 days of the the conclusion of the competition.
- The Academy is not responsible for late, misdirected, missing, or damaged entries.
- Failure to adhere to the entry requirements within the Eligibility Period will result in disqualification.
The application and submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.