Student Action With Farmworkers: Into the Fields Fellowship
- Current college student (including community college) or recent graduate (within 1 year)
- Must speak advanced Spanish
- Must have use of a vehicle for the duration of the program (May 29- October 30)
- Commitment to farmworker justice
- Previous experience in healthcare, campus activism, community volunteer work with farmworkers, or academic coursework on farmworkers
- Preference given to students from the Southeast and students from farmworker families, especially those involved in the CAMP program. Former SAF inters encouraged to apply
All applications must be submitted by February 3, 2018.
How to Apply
- Fundraise $850 to contribute to SAF’s work
- Complete 35-40 hours of volunteer work per week
- Participate in the entire program from May 29-October 30, 2018
- Write 4 guided writings/blogs
- Complete a documentary or theater project*
- Conduct a community focus group
- Be willing to drive/ travel long distances to trainings and to outreach to farmworkers (1-4 hrs/day, 2-5 days/week)
- Complete the online application
- The Sowing Seeds for Change Fellowship is a 5 month leadership development program for college students and recent graduates to improve farmworkers’ access to healthcare as well as advocate for improved living and working conditions. Fellows work directly with rural health clinics in North Carolina. Fellows provide health education, case management, and interpretation for farmworkers.
The application and submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.
Amount: Amount Varies
Paper Application Available