The 2019 Simplr Artificial Intelligence and Technology Scholarship
- Must be currently enrolled full-time at an accredited community college, college, university, or accredited law school, and will be enrolled in the Fall of 2019. International students and students studying under the DACA program are eligible. Students with full academic scholarships are not eligible to enter this contest.
All applications must be submitted by December 31, 2019.
How to Apply
- Write a 1,000-2,000 word essay on one of the following topics. Make sure to include why you chose your field of study and how it applies to these future technologies.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML), the Internet of Things (IoT), and Blockchain technology – Select the field you’re most passionate about and explore a specific role you think this technology will play in our future, and how this will effect positive change. Describe the key technological aspects as well as the human element that will likely be involved.
- Commercial AI-generated music and AI-created inventions, for example, are not far off but they will forever change traditional intellectual property concepts. Explore the challenges in attributing and incentivizing the creation of new knowledge when the lines between human/machine creation and open/proprietary data are blurred.
- Provide a digital copy of your unofficial transcript as proof of enrollment. You will need to submit by mail an un-opened copy of official transcripts if selected as a finalist.
The application and submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.