About the Artemis Andriotis Scholarship
As an attorney who attended the University of South Florida and continued to study Law at Stetson University in St. Petersburg, Mr. Andriotis understands the need for continued education. He also understands the financial burden continued education can put on families and wanted to provide assistance to students with ambition and a thirst for knowledge and success.
In 2018, he suffered an unimaginable loss when his sister, Tammy, passed away due to colon cancer. As an honors graduate of the class of ‘86 at Tarpon Springs High School, she attended the University of South Florida where she earned a degree in Education. Having spent years as an educator and a counselor in schools across Pinellas County, she decided to pursue her Master’s Degree which allowed her to transition into the head of her department until her early retirement in 2018 due to her illness.
In memory of the life of his sister and her love of education and community, George Andriotis created The Artemis Andriotis Kotis Scholarship. His goal is to empower students to pursue their dreams at the highest levels of education just as his sister once did. He’s paying it forward to further the life and legacy of a loving mother, wife, & sister who left an indelible mark on not only the family she loved but the community she so passionately served.
- Must be currently attending or planning to attend a college or university during the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Must be in good academic standing with your current educational institution.
- For applicants under 18, you must have permission from a parent or legal guardian.
- Must apply to the contest via email and provide your name and the name of the institution you are attending or plan to attend.
- Must provide your video essay (YouTube format preferred) by the deadline of May 1, 2020.
All applications must be submitted by September 1, 2020.
How to Apply
- To be considered for the scholarship, you must submit a two-minute video essay discussing the following topic:
- Why Do I Want to Be a Lawyer?
- Explain why you want to be a lawyer, what contributions you would make once you’ve become a lawyer, and why you should be awarded the scholarship.
- Remember – keep it to 2 minutes.
- All submissions will be reviewed after the application period had ended. The winners will be determined based on the following
- Demonstration of potential for success in Law
- Once the winner is selected, the scholarship check will be issued directly to the university/college.
- Complete online application.
The application and submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.
Online Application Available