Washington State Home and Community Educators Scholarship
- Must be a women at least 25 years or older.
- Must have a definite plan to use the desired training to enter or re-enter the job market, to improve chances for advancement or to train for a new career field.
- Must have demonstrated a need for financial assistance to upgrade skills or complete their education for career advancement.
- Must be a Washington State resident attending a school in Washington State.
- Special consideration will be given to women entering family-related fields.
All applications must be postmarked by June 1, 2018.
How to Apply
- Either email the application information and send the letters of recommendation and transcripts in the mail, or mail the entire application, letters of recommendation, and transcripts.
- There is not a specific application form for this scholarship. Your application consists of your comments and answers to the items listed below:
- Name and birthdate
- Home address
- High School address and year of graduation
- College or vocational schools
- College address and year in college (if applicable)
- Transcript from college or vocational schools
- Approximate household income and number of dependents on this income, along with ages of children.
- Present occupation
- A short statement describing your plan for education or job training.
- An estimate of total college expenses for next year (include tuition and fees, books, room and board, transportation, other expenses).
- List volunteer work and/or community involvement during the past four years.
- Include two letters for recommendation from community leaders endorsing your training plan and attesting to your character.
- Please enclose an email address even if you mail the application.
The application and submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.