Washington State Opportunity Scholarship
- Must be a WA State Resident
- Must have earned a high school diploma or GED from a Washington State high school or institution by June 2018
- If you graduated from high school outside of Washington State, you are not eligible
- Must be pursuing an eligible high-demand major in science, technology, engineering, math, or health care
- Must be working toward a first bachelor’s degree
- Must be enrolling in an eligible Washington state college or university fall term 2018
- Must be planning to enroll at least a half time college student (6+ credits) fall term 2018
- Must be a high school senior at the time of application or a college student who will have completed six or fewer quarters, or four or fewer semesters by fall of 2018 as a full-time student (12 or more credits per term)
- Must have a cumulative GPA through fall quarter or semester 2017 of at least 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Must file the 2018-2019 FAFSA or WASFA by March 7, 2018.
- Must apply for Federal Education tax credits, if eligible
- Must have a family income (adjusted gross income plus all untaxed income) less than the amount listed by family size online
- The amount of funding that selected students will be eligible to receive each year will vary based on the number of credits they have completed.
All applications must be submitted by 5:00pm PST on February 28, 2018.
How to Apply
- Complete the online application
- Mail an official transcript, postmarked by March 7, 2018
- File the 2018-2019 FAFSA by March 7, 2018.
The application and submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.
Online Application Available