- You are female, as indicated on your Washington State Identification
- You are or will be 18 years of age or older at the time you begin school
- You have lived in Washington for the past twelve (12) months
- You are a United States citizen, permanent resident, refugee, asylee, or current DACA recipient to the United States
- You are admitted into or registered at an approved college or university that is in good standing with the State Need Grant Program and are working toward a certificate, technical degree, associate’s degree or first bachelor’s degree.
- If you are currently attending school your cumulative GPA is at or above a 2.50
- You demonstrate financial need to support your higher education.
How to Apply:
Applicants must complete the online application form to be considered for the Star Scholars program. The link below will take you to the online form.
No e-mailed, faxed, or mailed application forms will be considered. However, you may e-mail, fax, or mail supporting documentation.
Please note that as part of the application process, we require the following supporting documentation:
- Copy of your Valid Washington State Drivers License or Washington State Identification
- Copy of your Social Security Card or Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
- Your 2020-2021 Student Aid Report (SAR), which you should have received electronically after completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA)
- Tax Returns used to prepare the 2020-2021 FAFSA or WASFA. If you are a dependent student, this will include your parent’s tax return.
- Verification of acceptance or enrollment from your school
- If you are a current student, a copy of your unofficial transcripts showing a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above
- 2020-2021 financial aid award letter from the school you will be attending will be required to be submitted as soon as it is available from your school.
Further submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.
Online Application Available