For the majority of WSU students, Spring term, 2021 will start on Tuesday, Jan 19th. This means that not only will classes start later than originally scheduled, but financial aid will be disbursed later than originally scheduled. For students starting Spring on January 19, financial aid will be disbursed starting Monday, January 11. This is approximately 1 week later than it would normally disburse. For students starting on January 19 and who are expecting a refund (financial aid greater than charges), those refunds will start to be released around January 12 or 13. We encourage everyone to sign up for direct deposit to help expedite their refund process. For students living off-campus, please see the landlord letter and instructions on how to print your award letter below the videos.
Important Changes for Spring 2021:
How to Set Up Direct Deposit:
Common Reasons for Financial Aid to be Delayed:
(Credit hour requirement listed are for undergraduate students. See our Awarding Process page for more information.)
Landlord Letter and Related
For students who need to provide some proof to their landlord that financial aid is delayed, but is on it’s way, we encourage you to download this landlord letter and include a copy of your printed award letter. For information on both, please see below.
Please see the following for additional support related to Spring 2021:
- Office of Dean of Students– The Office of Dean of Students provides a number of student resources and links
- Academics & Campus Life – this information will help connect you to the financial, academic, and community support the university provides.
- Invest in Cougs – a program through the Office of Academic Engagement that supports students in persisting toward graduation through matched savings, peer mentoring, financial education, and individualized supports to alleviate financial barriers. Invest in Cougs is funded by Washington State University, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, corporate partners including BECU, and private individual donors.
- Navigating Your Finances – review this information to learn more about the timeline for charges, financial aid, housing and dining, and other important financial reminders.
- Cougar Money Matters – With the support of BECU, this site brings together financial resources across all our campuses for all our Cougs. We know that financial stress can have a negative impact on grades, health, and student engagement, and financial decisions affect a students’ ability to remain in college and be financially secure following graduation. Our commitment to ensuring student success at WSU requires an increased focus on financial wellness.
- FAQ’s Related to Classes Moving Online
- Emergency Resources related to COVID-19 & Classes Being Online
- WSU’s COVID-19 Information
- Student Help Resources
- Student Testimonials
|Academic Career||Program||Scheduled Start Date|
|Graduate||All except Health Sciences||1/19/2021|
|Undergraduate||All except Health Sciences||1/19/2021|
|Graduate Health Sciences||1/11/2021|
|Undergraduate Health Sciences||1/11/2021|
For more information, contact us