- Applicants must be current ASEV Student Members prior to applying for a scholarship.
- Undergraduate and graduate students must be enrolled in or accepted into a full-time accredited four-year college or university in a degree program such as for a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctoral (thesis or professional). The applicant must reside in North America (Canada, Mexico, or USA) during the applicable academic year. Undergraduate applicants should have a minimum of junior status for the upcoming academic year (45 semester units/60 quarter units). Applicant is required to submit their acceptance letter from the academic institution.
- Undergraduate students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0. Graduate students must have a minimum overall grade point average of 3.2. GPA’s calculated through the most recently completed semester or quarter will be used. Current quarter or semester pending grades are not applicable. Undergraduate and graduate student applicants will be rated on a separate basis.
- Applicants must be accepted and/or enrolled in a major, or in a graduate group, emphasizing enology or viticulture, or in a curriculum emphasizing a science basic to the wine and grape industry.
How to Apply:
- The following items are currently required in order to apply:
- A written statement of intent as it relates to a future career in the wine or grape industry. Identify your interests in the wine or grape industry or in related research. Elaborate on how you became interested in and what efforts you have made to become familiar with the industry and/or research. Include details regarding your intent to work in the field of viticulture or enology extension if you wish to be considered for the James Wolpert Scholarship Award. Please limit this statement to one page.
- Official transcripts or copies of official transcripts of ALL college or university courses you have completed to date. Student access versions are not acceptable.
- A list of planned courses for the upcoming academic year, unless you are a graduate student who has completed the required classes for your program.
- Your letter of acceptance from the academic institution if you are beginning a new degree program.
- Two current letters of recommendation, written for this application period and directed to the ASEV Scholarship Committee. At least one letter should be from an academic advisor and/or a recent instructor (within the last year of your college or university education). Please be certain that you meet our overall GPA requirements before you request a letter of recommendation. These two letters of recommendation must be submitted by the student with the application packet. Each must be in a sealed, envelope with the writer’s signature across the sealed envelope flap or alternatively emailed directly from the person who signed and wrote the letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website above.