Child of an American Veteran Scholarship
- The legal child (natural or adopted) of a veteran of any branch of the U.S. military service (U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Coast Guard) who is either a:
- High school senior with a cumulative GPA of 3.0, or
- Student currently attending or enrolled in an accredited community college or undergraduate degree program with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
All applications must be submitted by December 15, 2018.
How to Apply
- Complete the online application.
- Submit proof of parent’s veteran status.
- VA disability benefits summary letter
- Military discharge certificate
- Current Transcript
- Write an essay (500 words) answering one of the following prompts:
- How did growing up in a military family inspire your education and career aspirations?
- What advice would you give to a younger child growing up in a military family?
- What do you believe is the single most important thing our society can do to help veterans and their families?
The application and submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.
Online Application Available