Distracted Driving Family Plan Scholarship
- Open to any high school, college, or university students nationwide.
- Students must be US residents.
All applications must be submitted by April 15, 2018.
How to Apply
- Create a “Distracted Driving Family Plan” within which you address the safety of your family by proactively committing to a plan that avoids the occurrence(s) of distracted driving by you and the members of your family.
- Your essay should encompass the concept of Distracted Driving by formulating a plan for your and your family to commit to, with respect to addressing this troubling trend on our roads, including:
- Explain what distracted driving is. For example, is it just texting, talking on the phone, or is it more than that?
- Tell us about any time that you have personally experienced distracted driving. Do you text or talk on a cell phone while driving or do your friends and family members? What do you do if you are with someone who is driving while distracted?
- What suggestions would you make to encourage your family to avoid distracted driving?
- Please give examples of any surveys, studies, statistics, or stories in the news that support your points.
The application and submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.