Pacific Medical Training Scholarship
- Any undergraduate or graduate college student currently enrolled in a “healthcare degree” program may apply
- This includes, but is not limited to, degree programs and courseware supporting the following professions: Athletic Trainer, Cardiac Sonographer, Cardiovascular Technologist, Dental Assistant, Dentist, Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, Electrocardiographic Technician, Emergency Medical Technician, Exercise Scientist/Specialist, Mammographer, Medical Assistant, Nuclear Medicine Technologist, Nurse Anesthetists, Nurse Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, Nursing Assistant, Paramedic, Pharmacist, Phlebotomist, Physical Therapist, Physician Assistant, Physician, Practical Nurse, Registered Nurse, Respiratory Therapist
- Pre-professional programs such as pre-nursing and pre-medicine students are qualified as well. Students begin their coursework but ultimately transfer to another institution to complete their degree.
- Employees and Pacific Medical Training, and their family members, are not eligible to participate in this program.
- All entries become the sole property of Pacific Medical Training.
- Proof of enrollment in a qualifying degree program may be required for eligibility.
- Payment will be made as a stipend in September 2017 to the winner, funds are unrestricted.
- Your submission will be a 750 to 1,000 word essay discussing emergency medical care from the perspective of a medical student. Basic life support is a critical skill for all healthcare providers and advanced and pediatric life support are also practiced by certain nurses and physicians depending on where they are working.
- Please explain how you will prepare mentally and physically before performing life saving techniques on patients in your career. Working as a healthcare provider can be a stressful and rewarding career. And we are looking for your insight and advice for other students entering the field.
Online Application Available