- Be a Washington state resident as defined by state Legislature (RCW 28B.15.012).
- Earn a high school diploma or GED from a Washington state institution by June of the year of application.
- FINANCIAL NEED
- File the upcoming academic year’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) by the application deadline.
- Apply for Federal Education Tax Credits, if eligible.
- Have total family income (adjusted gross income plus all untaxed income) that does not exceed 125% of Washington state family median income based on family size, as described in this chart.
- ACADEMIC RECORD
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) as of application date of at least 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale), demonstrated on either a current college or high school transcript; OR
- A passing GED score, demonstrated on an official score report.
- ENROLLMENT PLAN
- Plan to pursue an eligible science, technology, engineering, math (STEM) or health care major as defined on the eligible majors list.
- Plan to enroll at an eligible Washington state institution for the fall term following selection as defined on the list of eligible college and universities.
- Plan to enroll at least half-time (six or more credits) every term. Scholars are not expected to enroll in nor does WSOS fund summer term.
- PREVIOUS EDUCATION EXPERIENCE
- Do not yet have a bachelor’s degree.
- Applicant must currently be a:
- High school senior or graduate (high school equivalency)
- College freshman or college sophomore. If the applicant has completed any college terms or college credits post high-school, they must meet either the maximum term OR maximum credit requirement stated below:
- Maximum Terms Completed: The applicant must have completed no more than six quarters or four semesters of college at the end of the current academic year; OR
- Maximum Credits Earned: The applicant must have earned no more than 90 quarter or 60 semester credits at the end of the current academic year
- If you are still unsure, we recommend on using this credit/term eligibility flowchart to determine if you are eligible to apply.
Interested applicants must complete the entire application process. Applicants must:
- Complete all application sections via the Scholarship Application Portal and click “Submit” by the application deadline.
- Mail a copy of your transcript or GED scores to WSOS c/o Baccalaureate Scholarship at this address: 1414 31st Ave S., Suite 302, Seattle, WA 98144.
- Submit the FAFSA or WASFA for the relevant academic year by the deadline on the application timeline.
The application will require approximately 60 to 90 minutes to complete. Applicants may start the application, save progress and return to complete it later up until the application deadline. Applicants should know what college they expect to attend and what major they intend to complete before beginning their application.
Further submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.