With the Western Undergraduate Exchange or WUE (here we call it the Cougar Award), an out-of-state student may receive a $10,000 award, renewable for up to four years. Qualified students receive the award automatically, and are notified upon their offer of admission to WSU. No additional action or forms are required for consideration.
See if you’re eligible
To receive the award, you must also:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. outside the state of Washington
- Enter the Pullman campus as a freshman
- Be charged non-resident tuition
This award cannot be combined with National Merit scholarships.
Renewable for an additional three years or a maximum of 8 total semesters:
- Remain in good academic standing according to WSU policies
- Maintain 12 credits each semester
- Complete 24 graded semester credits by the end of each spring semester
- Maintain non-resident status
- Maintain undergraduate, non-professional degree status.
- Enrollment on the Pullman or Spokane campus
Students who begin professional programs (Pharm.D. or D.V.M.) in the College of Pharmacy or College of Veterinary Medicine prior to completing their undergraduate degree are not eligible for renewal.