The Cougar Academic Award (CAA) serves as our Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) award.
The CAA/WUE scholarship is automatically awarded to students based on a combination of their unweighted high school grade point average (GPA) and qualifying SAT or ACT test scores.
See if you’re eligible
To receive the award, you must also:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. outside the state of Washington
- Enter the Pullman campus as a freshman
- Be charged non-resident tuition
This award cannot be combined with National Merit scholarships.
Renewable for an additional three years or a maximum of 8 total semesters:
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade-point average by the end of spring semester
- Maintain 12 credits each semester
- Complete 24 graded semester credits by the end of each spring semester
- Maintain non-resident status
- Maintain undergraduate, non-professional degree status.
- Enrollment on the Pullman or Spokane campus
Students who begin professional programs (Pharm.D. or D.V.M.) in the College of Pharmacy or College of Veterinary Medicine prior to completing their undergraduate degree are not eligible for renewal.