AISES A.T. Anderson Scholarship
- Any STEM related degree such as Mathematics, Medical Sciences, Physical Science, Technology, Science, Engineering, or Natural Resources.
- Students must be full-time undergraduate or graduate students at an accredited two-year or four-year college/university for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Must have a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA.
- All scholarships require applicants be current AISES members at the time of application.
- Applicants must be: an enrolled citizen or a decedent of an enrolled citizen of a federal or state recognized American Indian Tribe or Alaska Native Village; or Native Hawaiian or decedent from a Native Hawaiian; or Pacific Islander or decedent from Pacific Islander; or Indigenous person of Canada. Enrollment documents and/or a copy of birth certificate(s) showing descendancy from an enrolled citizen, Indigenous group of Canada, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander are acceptable. Applicant may also, instead, provide a copy of their Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood or Certificate of Degree of Alaska Native Blood (CDIB) card.
How to Apply:
- Essays: Students are required to submit 3 essays, up to 500 words each. These essays are an important part of the scholarship review process.
- Essay Prompt 1: Please share a personal statement highlighting your background, academic achievements, and interests. Include information on courses taken and any honors or advanced placement courses. Talk about what motivates and challenges you intellectually and what impact you hope to have in your community and/or profession.
- Essay Prompt 2: What stimulated your interest in your chosen major or area of study?
- Essay Prompt 3: What activity or activities (cultural, community-related, occupational, academic, athletic, etc.) most clearly reflect your character? Please describe your participation. Why is participation in this activity or these activities important to you?
- $1,000 for the academic year for undergraduate students
- $2,000 for the academic year for graduate students
Further submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.
Amount: Amount Varies
Online Application Available