For Washington residents, the award value is more than $40,000 total (based on in-state tuition rates for 2019-20).
For students who are not Washington state residents, the award value is approximately $100,000 total (based on non-resident tuition rates for 2019-20).
You’re eligible for a National Merit Scholarship if you’re identified as a semifinalist by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation and you are admitted to WSU Pullman.
- You must enroll at WSU in the fall semester following your high school graduation in order to take advantage of this scholarship.
- Tuition awards valid for up to 18 credit hours per semester.
- Recipients of a National Merit Scholarship Corporate Sponsored award will have the amount of their scholarship reduced by the amount of the corporate award, so that it will not exceed the amount of tuition.
- The National Merit Scholarship cannot be combined with a Regents Scholar award, the University Achievement Award, the Cougar Academic Award, or the Visitation Award at WSU.
- Students admitted into the Pharmacy and Veterinary medicine professional programs, and transfer students, are not eligible for this award or for renewal.
To confirm that you qualify or to ask questions about this program, contact Heather Morgan at 509-335-7126 or by e-mail.
To qualify for renewal, you will need to:
- Maintain a 3.0 WSU cumulative grade point average.
- Complete 24 graded credit hours per academic year (fall/spring semesters only).
- Remain enrolled full-time on the Pullman campus.
In some circumstances, you may be able to retain your scholarship after leaving the University; check WSU readmission requirements. You must request a scholarship deferment from the Student Financial Services prior to your enrollment discontinuation.