Health Professions & Nursing Loans
Pharmacy and veterinary medicine
At WSU, low-interest health professions loans may be offered to qualifying students with exceptional financial need.
To be eligible, you must have completed your FAFSA on or before the WSU priority deadline and must be enrolled full-time in a program of study leading to a doctor of pharmacy (Pharm.D.) or doctor of veterinary medicine (D.V.M.) degree.
WSU is required to collect your parents’ financial information regardless of your age, tax, marital or independent status. Your parents’ financial information is required to make the best possible financial need estimate.
Loan amounts and repayment
A health professions loan is a campus-based loan, and is administered through WSU. The maximum annual award amount per qualified student varies from year to year, depending on the total available funding.
There are no origination fees; the interest rate is a fixed 5% and does not accrue while in school. You will have up to 9 months after leaving WSU, or dropping below half-time, to begin repayment. Payments are submitted to WSU, not to the federal government via Heartland ECSI.
At WSU, low interest nursing loans may be offered to qualifying students with exceptional financial need.
You must complete your FAFSA on or before the WSU priority deadline and must be enrolled full-time in a program of study leading to a baccalaureate or graduate degree in Nursing.These funds are limited in quantity, and the maximum annual award amount per qualified student varies from year to year depending on the total available funding.You must be enrolled at least half-time. This loan is administered through WSU, provides low-interest loans for students who meet the specific eligibility criteria.
Loan amounts and repayment
This is a campus-based loan, and is administered through WSU. The maximum annual award amount per qualified student varies from year to year, depending on the total available funding.
You have up to 9 months after leaving WSU, or dropping below half-time, to begin repayment. The interest rate is 5% fixed, does not accrue until entering repayment, and there are no loan origination fees. Payments are submitted to WSU, not to the federal government.
How to accept a nursing, or health professions loan
- Sign in to myWSU
- Click on “My Student Center” in the middle of the screen
- Click on “View Financial Aid” under finances
- Choose the appropriate aid year
- Click on Accept/Decline Awards
- Select the loans you wish to accept (or click ‘Accept All’)
- Enter the amount you wish to accept
- Click submit, and then click yes to accept
Within 3 business days, you will receive an email from Heartland ECSI, an independent vendor who processes loans for WSU. Watch for this email and keep it from ending up in your Spam/Junk folders!
Complete the master promissory note (MPN)
You will need to complete a promissory note every year when you accept a Perkins loan, nursing loan, or health professions loan.
- Go to heartlandecsi.com (a direct link can be found in your email)
- Click the “Get Started” box at the bottom of the page
- Enter your Social Security Number (SSN), Last Name, First Name, & Date of Birth
- Authenticate yourself by clicking the link that says “Authenticate Me”
- Once you have been authenticated, electronically sign your MPN, carefully read your Entrance Counseling Rights and Responsibilities, take the 10-Question Quiz, and complete the Reference Sheet. You will receive an on screen confirmation when this has been done successfully.
- Your loan funds should deliver electronically to your student account within 5 business days
You will need to complete entrance counseling, which is offered by Heartland ESCI along with the promissory note, before your loan can disburse.
Need help with the promissory note or entrance counseling?
Contact Heartland ECSI’s Loan Servicing Department.
WSU’s school code: 8A
Account number: Your SSN
Important notice: If you received an error trying to complete your documents online, you will need to complete and submit a paper version of the MPN and Entrance Counseling. (University Receivables will need ALL original pages with your signature and date.) For information on submitting paper forms, contact the Bursar’s Office.