Plateau Native American Scholarship
- Must be an enrolled member or descendant of one of the following tribes: Coeur d’Alene Tribe, Colville Confederated Tribes, The Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes of the Flathead Reservation, Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation, Kalispel Tribe, Klamath Tribe, Kootenai Tribe of Idaho, Nez Perce Tribe, Spokane Tribe of Indians, Yakama Indian Nation; OR show proof of ancestry from a tribe or tribes known as Plateau Salishan, Sahaptian, or Kootenai.
- Members of the Confederated Tribes of the Warm Springs and of the Cowlitz Tribe who are of Sahaptian speaking descent are also eligible to apply with documentation verifying their Sahaptian ancestry.
- High school applicant must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75.
- Transfer and current undergraduate WSU student applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Graduate student applicants must have been accepted to graduate school. Current graduate students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Undergraduate recipient must enroll for a minimum of six credit hours per semester (five credit hours per semester if graduate student).
- Financial need, academic performance, and essay statement will determine selection. Preference given to students who are pursuing undergraduate degrees and to students pursuing a field of study within the College of Arts and Science.
All applications must be submitted by May 15, 2020.
How to Apply
- Apply online by completing the Plateau Native American Scholarship Application.
- Attach documentation of tribal enrollment.
The application and submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.
Amount: Amount Varies
Online Application Available