Willie Stewart Community Service Scholarship
- Must be a high school senior in Pierce County
- Must complete at least 145 hours of community service in current year (April 1, 2017-March 31, 2018)
- Must provide documented volunteer service for grades 9-12 and MUST USE the form provided in Section B
- Have applied, or will apply, to an institution of higher learning (technical college, community college, trade school, or university) for the 2017-2018 academic year
All applications must be submitted by April 1, 2018.
How to Apply
- Fill out the online application
- Include a letter of recommendation
- Write a 500 word essay that describes your most rewarding volunteer activity or activities.
- In your essay, explain what you learned from the experience illustrating your understanding of community need and the impact of your work. We’d also like to know how and why you are committed to serving your community in the future. This is also your opportunity to share how you’ve served as a student leader.
The application and submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.
Paper Application Available