WSSRA Neil D Prescott Student Teaching/Internship
- Have graduated from a WA State High School and presently enrolled in a college of education, anywhere, pursuing a career in a field of education; OR if a WA State resident who graduate from a Department of Defense high school and presently enrolled in a college of education, anywhere, pursuing a career in a field of education; OR presently pursuing a Masters-In-Teaching Certificate (see #3 below for transcript information)
- Profess to plan to apply for employment with a school district(s) within WA State.
All applications must be submitted by March 1, 2019.
How to Apply
- Statements of need, of work experience, and of professionalism. Each answer to the 3 categories below:
- Statement of need: Describe why you are applying for this award and how you will use it. (Use complete sentences and paragraphs – maximum one page)
- Work experience: List and describe your occupational work experience with dates, including full- or part-time employment both paid and unpaid. (Lists and fragments are fine – maximum two pages)
- Professionalism: Explain what being a professional in the field of education means to you. (Use complete sentences and paragraphs – maximum one page)
- Submit 3 letters of recommendation: 2 from instructors (at least one of whom is from Post-secondary educational experience) and 1 from a non-school individual. (No letters from relatives)
- Submit sealed college/university transcript through first semester or quarter of current year.
- Complete the application. Print and mail to the address on the application.
The application and submission guidelines can be found on the scholarship’s website.
Paper Application Available